A sense of place

Last Saturday I took the tube to Hampstead and spent a wonderful day in the company of some lovely ladies who were all taking part in Kat Sloma's fantastic workshop - a sense of place. We spent the morning chatting about various photographic techniques and styles and in the afternoon we all headed off to Brick Lane for a photowalk.
I love this part of London with a camera, there is so much going on and you could be anywhere in the world.
























Kat has some great online courses on her website, do check them out and if anyone lives in the UK and wants to go on a photowalk in London do let me know, they are such fun.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, great shot Justine.....those are some scary-looking owls. Sounds like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you, you are right about this could be anywhere in the world. My first thought was that this was in Cuba for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A photowalk makes us slow down and appreciate the art around us! Fantastic!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what fun! I did a photowalk with Kat and others in San Francisco last winter and enjoyed it so much. Wonderful capture, Justine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo definitely portrays a sense of place...and what an interesting place it must be! Love photo walks, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for recommending Kat Sloma. I'll definitely try her online-course.
    And hope to come to London some day and take a photowalk with you! Ghita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot, I've done a few of Kat's courses & have loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a really great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would LOVE to take a photo walk with you, but I don't think it's possible. ;-) I read about Kat's course on her website.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Justine, A really great shot of Brick Lane life, it certainly was fun on the photo walk. Thank you for taking a look at my photo walk pictures over on the blog and leaving a comment. I've left a reply there too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a wonderful picture. You are right, it could be anywhere in the world. I didn't quite see it that way before reading your words! It was wonderful to see you and have you in the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so wish that I could go on a photowalk with my online friends! One day I'll get to London! : ) (And if you ever happen to pop on over to Wash. DC...well, I'd love to show you around! )

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger