Thirty days of blogging

 I have just seen on Kim Klassen's blog, that she has started a 'thirty days of blogging' and I thought, why not! I love thirty day challenges, I have done so many over the years and it all took off when I watched a ted talk by Matt Cutts all about trying something new and over the years I have just taken up little challenges or given up certain things. The talk is only three minutes long, give it a go. 

So, here is day one of my thirty days and its raining again here in Sydney. Its winter and cold and grey and I am worried that my sitting room is going to leak again but thats another story. I can't go out and do anything as I have covid and I feel fine, I have two more days of isolation before I am allowed out, but all I have for inspiration is some tulips my lovely husband bought me to cheer me up.

I was born and raised in England and tulips arrive in abundance in the spring so it always puzzles me to see them in the middle of the Sydney winter and I struggle with the knowledge that we are adding to the enormous damage to the planet by flying them in across the world but anyway, here is the picture I took and I thought I would talk you through the edits.

I learn this wonderful trick doing an online floristry course, which is to gently pull back the tulip leaves so they create these beautiful shapes and sort of fold back onto themselves, I think it gives more dimensions and depth to the flowers instead of the usual tulip leaves.

I then placed them onto a black board and stuck them in place using blue tac hidden behind the stems. I set up my canon 5D with my 50mm and used an ISO of 200 and shot at 1/60 using f1.6 and I then took the photograph into lightroom and adjusted the contrast and clarity and then I went to the left hand side bar of lightroom and chose moody from the colour presets. I also did the same with a second shot I took. I hope you like them both, let me know what you think and let me know if you decide to join me in blogging for 30 days.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger