Winter days

 I am constantly battling with the English light at the moment. I only take photos using natural light and for the last ten years I have been able to put my ISO on 100 and step outside to photograph various scenes or people or places in Sydney. If I take my camera out at the moment and use an ISO of 100 I have to switch my photographs to black and white and this does create some wonderful moody winter shots, but I am not drawn to the moody black and white feel. 

Today is pouring with rain and the longing to be back in the 40 degree heat of Sydney has spurned me on to try something different to get out of my fug so I got out the beautiful old vintage Burgundy glasses and decided to place my hyacinths in them. My hyacinths have decided to bloom in the central heating and are all drooping and spilling over my vases, I decided they were perfect for this assignment. I set everything up in the kitchen and set my ISO to 640 and placed the glasses in front of a black backdrop and used my 85mm on my Canon 5D at F1.4 and 1/250 and hand held. What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger