Huckleberry Finn

 I bought a new book this week, its called James by Percivil Everett  and it seems to have won the hearts of so many reviewers so I am keen to really get into it. I couldn't remember the full story of Huckleberry Finn and asked quite a few people and none of us could remember! I asked my 90 year old father in law, my 64 year old husband and my children and we all drew blanks. I assume Americans will remember the story back to front. I decided to watch the Disney version on tv and it all came back to me, it was very sweet and nicely wrapped up and had a lot of 'aww shucks' in it. This book James retells the story from the point of view of Jim who runs away with Huckleberry. Already I have learnt that he can read and write and I think it's going to be good. I will let you know and if anyone has read it, let me know what you thought of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger