July news

 Well July is here and I don't know where summer is but I won't bore you with that weather update. England is in the final on Sunday and spirits are high! Wimbledon has been gripping, I am just loving being in the same time zone again having not watched it for so many years as it was always on at night in Sydney. 

I have also been watching Ripley on Netflix - have you seen it? I am late coming to it as I couldn't imagine how seeing Italy in black and white would be but my goodness, the cinematography is just so beautiful, I couldn't stop watching it and the attention to detail. It has made me want to get my film camera out and shoot black and white again. 

I have been struggling with finding good books lately and have decided to spend the summer reading old books and classics. I am currently reading Natalie Ginzberg - all our yesterdays - first published in 1952 and tells of a family in Italy during the Second World War. I like her style of writing and unlike modern day fiction, it harps back to a life without all the social issues we are constantly bombarded with.

I am loving the summer flowers at the moment and my rental garden is coming together and I'm now able to pick flowers for the table each day which was my objective.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger