Monday Monday

 Did you watch the Coronation? Didn't Kate look so beautiful? and little Charlotte? Monday has come around with a blast of freezing cold air and huge seas and it feels so wintery and I want to just hibernate with a good book until the temperature rises above twenty degrees again.

I have just finished John Banville - the lock up - it's an ok read, I didn't realise he wrote quite a few crime books as well. I am now going to read an old Barbara Kingsolver - the poison wood bible - as I loved her latest, Demon Copperhead, so much.

We are watching Drops of God on Apple TV and it's really good! centres around wine and is in French, Japanese and English. We are also watching succession and Shiv is still wearing very odd outfits, I know she is pregnant in real life but her clothes just don't suit her and I always finish the episodes feeling really flat and hoping I never meet any of the characters in real life. Luckily Ted Lasso is always happy and fun to watch and leaves me with a lovely happy feeling. 

I am enjoying these instagram accounts -

Lauren Mcdermott she always seems to have gorgeous videos and everyone looks very clean and neat in her reels.

susannahtaylor I signed up for her wellness newsletter and enjoyed all the things she writes about -' skin, soul and sanity for the modern midlifer '

tattierosestudio who creates amazing things with flowers and one day, just maybe, I will be able to grow wildflowers like she does...

I am enjoying buying flowers once a week and this week I bought some peonies, I couldn't resist but I do worry they aren't going to open and have been hot housed but I am hoping I'm wrong. I love peonies but have always been put off by the fact that they don't bloom for the first three years or so but of course if I had planted them three years ago I would be enjoying them now! Here are a couple of photos I took of my bunch today. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger