Vaucluse House

I have been trying to get out and about to explore the area I live in here in Sydney and one of the amazing houses I live down the road from is Vaucluse House. This house was bought by the explore, barrister and politician Charles Wentworth in 1827. It became a museum in 1915 and is open to the public at weekends. I loved the colourful history of its owner and the beautiful kitchen which is kept true to fact. I won't bore you with all the history but if you ever happen to be in Sydney do come and visit!

10 comments:

  1. Looks a very interesting place! Always fascinating to experience another way of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely someplace I would love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful history and so well preserved, looks like a fun place to explore. Love the collage.

    You asked on my blog about what I think if it was wallpaper or linen, I believe you were talking about the table runner on my dining room table and it is linen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like a wonderful house to visit. Your photos look wonderful...

    I do hope you have a happy week my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old houses and that looks like a beauty. All your photos of Sydney make me wish I could visit there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love old houses too. Your montage is lovely -- I like seeing the little details. Fun to see how people lived in times past.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, Justine! I would indeed love to visit the Vaucluse House! If there's a historic home/museum within shouting distance, I must visit. Beautiful storyboard, it looks so interesting and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, beautiful light in that kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos, the house looks so interesting, hope your hubbie is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger