Lately

How are your Easter plans going? here it was the first day of spring this week and we had a wonderful sunny day to celebrate. All the blossoms are out and they create these beautiful carpets as the petals fall in the wind. I keep thinking how great the petals would be for a wedding but I don't know anyone getting married and I'm sure in this constant world of woke someone will complain. talking of flowers,  I planted tulips in our rental garden when we arrived and this is the first one out! I'm very excited and each day I try and have a lovely spring reminder on my kitchen table.

I picked these tulips and daffodils this morning.



I also went to a fascinating talk this week at the Victoria and Albert museum on Tulips given by Polly Nicholson to launch her beautiful new book. I wish I had a huge garden that I could fill with historic tulips like she does, but sadly I will have to wait. Here in London the councils run allotments for residents, I got very excited and applied but was told the waiting list is currently 7 years and there is a list of 400 already on it! I don't think I will be getting an allotment any time soon. 



1 comment:

  1. How wonderful, Justine! I planted tulips on my balcony this year, too, and it was so amazing to see 5 of them blooming!
    Unfortunately, I just noticed I somehow can’t sign into my Blogger account, so need to comment as Anonymous, but it’s Rosie Grey

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger