April showers


 I thought Sydney had a lot of rain but wow, England has a lot of rain! I am waiting for the rain to clear and spring to happen but every day I get caught in some sort of downpour and a lot of people seem to talk about the weather. The evenings are light now until 8pm which is wonderful and I am loving watching the seasons as I walk Max daily. 

I decided to make it my goal to do one cultural thing a week when we got here and seven months in I have managed to keep that going. Last night we went to the theatre and saw the most brilliant play - The hills of California - it was truly fantastic, great acting and great storyline and we were mesmerised. Today I am going to Hogarth House and will report back at a later date.

I have just started reading Rural Hours by Harriet Baker which is a wonderful story about life in the country based on the diaries of Virginia Woolf, Rosamond Lehman and Sylvia Townsend Warner. 

I am always trying to find a beige tv show to watch, one that is well done and just lets me drift off to sleep afterwards without thinking about all the violence and murder and Foyles War is doing the trick at the moment, really easy watching with a good plot and good acting.

I am now into my fourth month without alcohol and I am really enjoying the end results as my sleep is so much better as is my skin and I don't wake up with those awful fears at four. I am not going to become very pious and say I will never drink again but I would like to think that I don't need to drink. I find it is also very empowering and the trick is to not say "I have given up alcohol" but instead say "stopped" as giving up implies quitting is a form of punishment which will feel pointless and depressing. Anyone out there doing the same? would love your thoughts.

I have been playing around with flowers again on my kitchen table as I have a few more tulips in the garden from those I planted but after that, there are no more flowers in our rented place but I am continuing to make my kitchen table a daily homage to nature!


Tulips from my garden
Cherry blossom everywhere 
Bluebells everywhere

Thats it for now, tell me what you have been up to.




1 comment:

  1. I love catching up here again and seeing your wonderful pictures! I’ll try to be more consistent reading blogs and visiting Instagram and also posting on Instagram, too! I still love looking at all the beautiful pictures, but somehow the days are always too short. I guess I need to organize my daily schedule in a better way.
    Greetings, Rosie Grey

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger