Lately

 Time is whizzing by as we get used to living in London again. It's hard to adjust and I must confess that I am missing Sydney. I miss the sounds of the Kookaburras first thing in the morning and the cockatoos, all part of the morning chorus and you just don't hear birdsong in London. I miss nature and the ocean and I am looking for beauty everywhere to replace it and I am looking up, down, searching and slowly it's coming. We spent a morning in the local woods last week and I spotted a mandarin duck - their colours are magnificent and with winter coming on it made me think how much I would love a coat or jumper in the same colours, wouldn't you?

We went to the Kent countryside on another outing and had a wonderful time enjoying the autumn air and had lunch in a pub and took Max the dog, something you can't do in sydney. 





I photographed a beautiful family - Remy, Chloe and Ollie. Remy is six months old and it was so wonderful to spend time with them all and luckily the pictures all came out!

There is so much to do here in London, it is a cultural feast and I am devouring all that is on offer. I've been to see the Chanel exhibiton and the V and A, a David Hockney show, I can't think what else but I am trying to do one cultural thing a week. I have started a gratitude journal and you have to write your daily three things but also what were the highlights and what would improve the day. I am only into day 5 but already I can see it is helping me change my mindset and try and be more positive about our new life here as it has so many positives.
I have also gone back to instagram - such a love/hate relationship but this time around it is actually helping me as I have started my own project of photographing the doors around me. Its nearly halloween and people are doing these amazing decorations and so many seem to have autumn wreathes on their doors. By having this project and putting it on instagram, I am able to look for doors etc, instead of passing with my head down in a grey fug.




what have you been up to lately?


1 comment:

  1. Glad you settling in & noticing the things around you- great photos & I hope you can find a jacket with mandarin duck colours - stunninig!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger